It was the season of preserving for last month's Love Cake theme of Jamming. You can read the round up here.
For this month we're looking towards the colder, darker days ahead of us. It's time to think about added a touch of spice to our baking. Go wild and have a look down your spice rack to see what you can incorporate in your cakes. For chilly days warm yourself up with a chilli chocolate cake or get organised and start off your Christmas cake with some mixed spice. Perhaps you fancy a trip around the world with some Jamaican ginger or a visit to the Orient with star anise.
Therefore the theme for this month is SPICE IT UP.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of SPICE IT UP.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Friday 28th October at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
8. You can link up your post to as many other blogging challenges you wish if it fits the theme. A comprehensive list can be found at The Food Blog Diary.