Equipment: Larg frying pan, slotted spoon, Slow cooker/Crockpot.
1 tbsp (15ml) Olive oil
1lb 4oz (600g) Neck of lamb, diced
2 Large carrots, chopped
1 Large onion, sliced
2 Large potatoes
1 tbsp (15ml) Plain flour
¾ pint (420ml) Lamb stock
1 tbsp (15ml) Tomato ketchup
Sprig of fresh rosemary, 2 bay leaves and fresh parsley chopped.
1. Pre-heat the slow cooker to high.
2. In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and then brown the diced lamb.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the slow cooker.
4. In the remaining oil gently fry the carrot, onion and potatoes until they start to colour.
5. Stir in the flour to mop up any remaining oil and then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and then transfer to the slow cooker.
6. Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 7-9 hours.
Serve on its own or with crusty bread.
|Hosted by BakingQueen74 and Farmersgirl Kitchen|