I love a chicken casserole in the slow cooker. It's quick and easy to make and chicken is the kids' favourite meat so it always goes down well as meal. Sometimes though I do feel it can be a little bland so to inject a bit of flavour into it what better than a good hit of garlic? I've used garlic granules in this as I have sprinkled it over the chicken and I think it works better than crushing raw garlic and putting it straight in.
Equipment: Slow cooker/Crockpot, sharp knife
2 Onions, sliced
8 Chicken drumsticks
1oz (28g) Unsalted butter
¼ tsp (1.25ml) Garlic granules
1 tbsp (15ml) Fresh parsley, torn
Freshly grated black pepper
1. Pre-heat the slow cooker to HIGH.
2. Slice the onions and place them on the base pf the slow cooker pot.
3. Cut a slit in each of the drumsticks. Put a small piece of the butter under the skin of each of the drumsticks.
4. Place the chicken on top of the onions and sprinkle over the garlic granules and parsley. Finish off with a good grinding of black pepper.
5. Switch the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours.