What's the best bit about a roast dinner? The leftovers of course and what you can do with them. With this I don't mean cold meat Mondays but something far more warming and comforting. After a day's work on a Monday the last thing you need to come home to is the thought of having to spend ages cooking. This recipe is dead simple. The most you will need to do is make some mashed potato unless of course you already have some leftover or you use some ready made. I've used frozen mixed vegetables in this but you could use anything like carrots, beans and leeks leftover from your Sunday dinner as well.
Equipment: Ovenproof dish
10½ oz (300g) Cooked chicken, diced
200-300g Tin of Ham or chopped pork and ham
Around 15oz (340g) Cooked mashed potato
295g Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
½ pint (280ml) Milk
7oz (200g) Frozen mixed vegetables
2oz (55g) Grated cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Layer up the chicken, ham and frozen vegetables in the ovenproof dish.
3. Pour over the soup and milk and mix all together.
4. Spread the mashed potato on top.
5. over the cheese
6. Cook for 25 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
|Hosted by Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary|