We cooked the books for last month's Love Cake. There were cakes made into a castle, dripping with jewels and even one inspired by the cooking queen herself that is Delia. If you want to have a nosey at what books have inspired us to bake have a look here.
I've picked this month's theme simply in the hope that it inspires the weather to buck up its ideas at least! For those of you Down Under you need to know that the end of March in the UK has involved rain, high winds and hail (and you know how obsessed us Brits are about the weather!) This month's theme therefore is STEP INTO SPRING.
I'm on the lookout for fresh flavours and all the lovely colours you associate with spring – yellow, green, purple. Of course this month we have the spring religious celebrations of Easter and the start of Passover (Pesach) so all your appropriate bakes are allowed. Feel free to decorate your cakes with flowers whether real or of the fondant variety.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of STEP INTO SPRING.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Tuesday 28th April 2015 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
8. You can link up your post to as many other blogging challenges you wish if it fits the theme. A comprehensive list can be found at The Food Blog Diary.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.
get the InLinkz code