I've said before how we used a lot of pesto in our house and with it comes the need to use up the end of jars. To combat any potential food waste I've been devising ways to use up those bits of pesto at the bottom of the jar. This recipe helps makes some potentially dry and bland turkey steaks into a quick, easy and tasty family meal.
Equipment: Non-stick baking tray, pastry brush
1oz (28g) Unsalted butter
1 Garlic clove, crushed
4 Turkey steaks
4 tsp (20ml) Pesto
1½ (40g) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Melt the butter and mix in the crushed garlic.
3. Brush all over each of the turkey steaks.
4. Place on a non-stick baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Take out and spread a teaspoon (5ml) on each one. Top with the grated cheese.
6. Put back into the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes.
|Hosted by Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary and Utterly Scrummy Food for Families|