My packet contained white cabbage, green cabbage, beansprouts, carrots and onions. If you have a mixture of vegetables without onion I would recommend adding some sliced onion. I use a hand blender and blend the soup in the pan. I have used a separate blender in the past but the top did come off more than once and there was more washing up to do!
Equipment: 1 large saucepan, blender or hand blender.
Knob of butter
Packet of stir fry vegetables (mine weighed 700g)
Vegetable stock to cover (I used 1 litre)
Grated fresh nutmeg (optional)
1. In a large pan stir fry the vegetables until they have softened.
2. Add the vegetable stock to cover the vegetables and season.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Blend the vegetables until the soup is of the consistency you require.
5. Serve immediately or leave to cool to be reheated later.
6. Before serving add a grating of nutmeg if required.
Linking up with Credit Crunch Munch with Camilla at Fab Food 4 All and Helen at Fuss Free Flavours, guest hosted by Hannah at A New Addition; No Coutons Required with Jacqueline at Tinned Tomatoes and Lisa at Lisa's Kitchen; Extra Veg with Michelle at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families and Helen at Fuss Free Flavours, guest hosted by Emily at A Mummy Too; Recipe of the Week with Emily at A Mummy Too; #CookBlogShare with Lucy at Supergolden Bakes.