Last month we tried new ingredients, new methods and new tins and techniques. For a read of the round up take a look here.
For those of you who haven't joined in before this a cake making challenge for anyone who loves to bake cakes and share them. You don't have to be a blogger to join in simply upload your photos and descriptions to your social media accounts. Full instructions are here.
We can't escape it – this month the clocks change and it will be lights on much earlier. At the end of the month we have Halloween with its ghouls and ghosts. Therefore this month's theme is DARK.
You can delve into the dark art of cake making with a Halloween themed cake. Alternatively you can use some dark ingredients such as dark chocolate, black treacle or dark muscovado sugar. Or it can be a light cake such as a Dark and Stormy Cake.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of DARK.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Tuesday 28th October 2014 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
8. You can link up your post to as many other blogging challenges you wish if it fits the theme. A comprehensive list can be found at The Food Blog Diary.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.
get the InLinkz code