We're a month into the year already but more importantly for Love Cake it's a year since we started on our monthly cake baking challenges. Thank you to everyone who has joined in. I know several of you make a point of baking a cake especially for the monthly theme and for that I truly grateful. I'm always amazed by the variety of cakes that appear each month and last month's 'Feeling Fruity' was no exception. For the round up take a peek here.
With the combination of the Love Cake birthday month and St. Valentine's Day falling in February there has to be a lot of love around this month. Therefore the theme for February is FOR THE LOVE OF CAKE.
Use it as an excuse to get out your heart shaped tins and cutters. I would love to see plenty of red and pink cakes this month. If the romance of the month is not for you then tell me about what cake you love to bake and eat. I don't mind if your favourite is plain or fancy as all cake is welcome here. Since it is also the Love Cake birthday you can also share any birthday bakes you have made.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of FOR THE LOVE OF CAKE.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Saturday 28th February 2015 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
8. You can link up your post to as many other blogging challenges you wish if it fits the theme. A comprehensive list can be found at The Food Blog Diary.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.
get the InLinkz code