Thank you to everyone who joined in with the March challenge and the theme of GIVING UP. I'm so pleased you decided to keep baking cakes but adapted them to fit in with the theme. The full round up of all the lovely cakes is here.
For those of you who haven't joined in before this a cake making challenge for anyone who loves to bake cakes and share them. You don't have to be a blogger to join in simply upload your photos and descriptions to your social media accounts. Full instructions are here.
Lighter evenings, blossom on trees and a bit of warmth in the sunshine. This can only mean one thing – Spring is officially here and this year a very late Easter. Therefore, the theme for this month is SPRINGING INTO EASTER.
Any cakes with an actual religious theme will be granted extra marks (no prizes remember just my own very haphazard scoring system). Alternatively, you may wish to go pagan with rabbits and hares hopping about giving out eggs. If Easter doesn't get you inspired perhaps some cakes with some fresh Spring flavours or colours. Or you may fancy a spring clean of your cupboards and use some forgotten ingredients or a baking tin that hasn't seen the light of day for some time.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of SPRINGING INTO EASTER.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Monday 28th April 2014 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.
get the InLinkz code