Thank you to all to the wonderful people who contributed to the first Love Cake challenge. All the fabulous entries can be found in this round up.
For those of you who haven't joined in before this a cake making challenge for anyone who loves to bake cakes and share them. You don't have to be a blogger to join in simply upload your photos and descriptions to your social media accounts. Full instructions are here.
This year March is the month in which the period of Lent begins. Many people, religious or not, try to give something up until Easter Sunday. Therefore, the theme for this month is GIVING UP.
I am not suggesting in anyway you should give cake up as this was be horrific and of no benefit to you, believe me. Instead I am asking you to bake a cake without at least one of the four basic cake making ingredients of wheat flour, butter/baking spread, eggs or sugar.
You only need to leave out one of the ingredients (wheat flour, butter/baking spread, eggs or sugar) but if you manage two or more I shall be very impressed. Substitutions are permitted so for example you can use gluten-free flour, oil or honey. Remember, this is not a competition but instead you be rewarded with the heart-warming glow of my eternal admiration.
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of GIVING UP.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Friday 28th March 2014 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
Google+: Jibber JabberUK
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.
get the InLinkz code