Welcome to the first Love Cake challenge. This is a cake making challenge for anyone who loves to bake cakes and share them. You don't have to be a blogger to join in simply upload your photos and descriptions to your social media accounts. Full instructions are here.
February is of course the month in which Valentine's Day falls which is perfect for this first edition of Love Cake. The theme for this month is BAKING WITH PASSION.
You can interpret this as you like. Bake a heart shaped cake, one with hearts or roses decoration, a traditional passion cake, a cake for your loved one, a favourite cake or simply a recipe that means a lot to you and you have a passion for it. So, with my apologies to William Shakespeare, if cake is the food of love, bake on!
Here's how to join in:
1. Please make sure your entry conforms to this month's theme of BAKING WITH PASSION.
2. Post your photographs and description on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr or Google+ - just make sure they are for public viewing and can be seen by anyone. All photographs must be your own original image and not taken from another source. You can carefully style your photos or take a quick snap on your mobile – either is fine!
3. Enter the URL (web address) of your post into the Linky at the bottom of this post. Once the link closes on Friday 28th February 2014 at 23:55 no more entries will be accepted.
4. If you are putting your post on your blog please display the Love Cake badge and link back to this blog post. Old posts are accepted but please update them with the Love Cake badge and link. This is a blog hop so share the cake love around if you can.
5. If you use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google+ please tag me and I will retweet, Like, Share or +1 as appropriate. You can find me here:
Twitter: @jibberjabberuk please use the hashtag #LoveCake
6. By adding your link and image you agree to it being pinned to the Love Cake Pinterest board.
7. I would love to read about the recipe you have used to bake your cake. If the recipe is not yours please respect copyright and do not reproduce the original recipe in full but credit the source and link back to it.
At the end of the month I will do a round-up of all the entries and post it on this blog.