There's been a small break for this challenge but it's back for the festive season with Victoria from A Kick At The Pantry Door allowing me to guest host it for this month. If you don't know the drill it's all about food that is good for you without following the relentless cycle of dieting.
December is a tough time when you want to keep the naughty temptations at bay. There are indulgences everywhere, the days are getting shorter and shorter and it's blinking freezing. Help is at hand though with this month's choice of food which is...
It's up to what sort of cranberries you wish to use – juice, dried or the very seasonal fresh cranberries that are in abundance this month. I won't blind you with science but the various forms contain sources of polyphenol antioxidants, phtochemicals and flavonoids. All this adds up to possible benefits to your heart, lungs, blood, urinary system plus the addition of anti-cancer properties.
So fill me with festive cheer with your juice mixes that pack a punch of flavour, a very merry muffin or simply the best cranberry sauce ever to go with your Christmas dinner. I look forward this seeing all your creations both sweet and savoury.
Here comes the rules...
- Recipes should be submitted by midnight on the 28th December 2013.
- Recipes do not need to be calorie controlled, but wherever possible, try to use wholemeal carbohydrates (flour, pasta, rice etc) and avoid food high in saturated fats to make them as nutritious as possible.
- You can enter as many recipes into each challenge as you like, the more the merrier. Existing posts are welcome, as long as they contain the chosen ingredient and have been updated to include a link back to this challenge.
- Recipes can be your own or someone else's, but if you do use an existing recipe please credit the source.
- Posts must contain the Feel Good Food logo above, be tagged with Feel Good Food, and contain a link back to me and Victoria at A Kick At The Pantry Door.
- Once your post is live, you can add the URL to the linky tool at the bottom of the page.
- If you are on Twitter, tweet me the link @jibberjabberuk and also @ThePantryDoor1, using the hashtag #FeelGoodFood and we will endeavour to retweet as well.